What we're like
BIG W is one of Australia’s most loved brands and has been part of our families for over 40 years. At BIG W, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do across our network of 180 stores nationally. We sell exclusive BIG W brands that are simply great quality at low prices as well as feature leading international brands. Our customers can choose everything for their kids, home, themselves, for leisure and for their everyday life. Our team of over 18,000 members is located in Australia, Hong Kong and Bangladesh.
• Support one of the biggest retailers in Australia
• Opportunity to play a big role to contribute to our BIG W key business objectives
• Great career development with supportive leadership
As a Safety Specialist with the BIG W team, you are responsible for enabling the effective delivery of Risk and Safety projects, initiatives with a key objective to achieve a safer environment for team members and customers.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
Reporting to the National Risk and Safety Manager your core responsibilities would include:
• The role will focus primarily on supporting the Big W Risk and Safety objectives through Risk management of the critical risk, tracking/monitoring the controls effectiveness and recommending key activities to reduce risk.
• Assist with the development, review, consultation and communication of safety procedures and processes
• Provide support in developing and maintaining the the Safety Management system (SMS) and document control on a digital platform.
• Monitor and maintain compliance with relevant Legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards.
• Provide support to the Regional Safety Partners and drive continuous improvement of key safety processes including control monitoring, training, assurance activities and incident management.
• Provide ongoing support for the chemical management system - Chemwatch
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high-performance culture, you will need to be passionate about driving a team first and customer first safety culture. You will understand the importance of working through different priorities as well as having the willingness to work across the team to deliver the best results.
Along with your passion, you will demonstrate the following:
• Undergraduate degree or working towards Safety or Chemical Engineering related discipline
• Previous experience managing and influencing external and internal stakeholders
• Working knowledge of legislation relevant to WHS compliance
• Experience in multi site operations is desirable
• General retail commercial experience
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base and super
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths
• Opportunity to join an engaging team in the business
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: