At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solution and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer experiences; a desire to join BIG W's journey to become a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network and if you’re looking for a place to develop, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Strategic contribution within marketing enabling BIG W’s transformation
• Great career development with supportive leadership
• Innovative & flexible work culture
Digital Designers in BIG W bring our brand and customer plan to life by executing high quality, consistent, customer first multi channel creative. Some job responsibilities would include:
• Inspire brand love through creative expression of BIG W’s purpose and brand strategy, as set by the GM of Marketing.
• Work collaboratively with internal teams to interpret briefs, identifying the problem, collecting information and analysing ideas in order to deliver creative digital and content that best meets business objectives and customers needs.
• Embrace end-to-end design thinking, from concept through to technical production and delivery.
• Produce consistent high quality and visually compelling multi-channel designs based on the customer plan deliverables, including website, eDM, social and digital media.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of the digital landscape including trends, usability and accessibility in order to develop customer first creative.
• Responsible for disciplined ways of working to meet deadlines, key deliverables and ensure progress is communicated throughout milestones within the critical path.
To be a successful Digital Designer, you will be a people person and understands how your role gets to impact the greater customer experiences.
Some experiences that would set you up for success are:
• 5+ years design experience in digital design preferably within a retail environment.
• Consistently high level of design output across all assets, with a strong attention to detail.
• Experience in conceptualising & designing across multiple digital channels including websites, eDMs, social media, and display banners.
• Proven, solid experience in digital design, an understanding of UX and of the technical constraints associated with digital marketing and websites. Including responsive design, design for mobile, emerging trends, as well as accessibility and web standards.
• Experience in designing for social media and an understanding of the content landscape and social media standards a plus.
• Experience with animation, storyboarding and an understanding of animation principles.
• Highly skilled in Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Experience in using Adobe Animate or Google Web Designer to create digital banners and preparing files for digital ad-serving (Double click)
• Experience in Motion graphics using After Effects
• Coding in HTML and CSS
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus.
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths.
• Opportunity to join the most engaging team in the business.
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too.
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: