What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Join a highly energetic and innovative team
• Be part of an exciting business transformation journey
• Enjoy a workplace flexibility culture
The Head of eCommerce Trading is responsible for horizontally leading & facilitating the transformation of the Big WX Customer Plan & Initiatives to achieve our ambition of ‘becoming a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network’ through demonstrating real value, real solutions and real care that creates a competitive advantage. As the BigWX transformation leader you will work horizontally to lead the delivery of the BigWX trade plan across all initiatives ensuring we meet risk & integrity standards. You will build a plan to fully realise the ambition of the BigWX Trade strategy & plan through being a digital led retailer that is a customer first and team first and that lives our purpose every day.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Leading a strategic, customer-first and partnership approach with cross functional teams & partners to build the BIGWX trading strategy into an actionable initiatives & plans that maximises performance measures & Customer satisfaction
• Lead & build the development of holistic & joint plans with our wider Big W, Woolworths community, external partners & suppliers by leveraging customer and trade insights to solve problems for the customer
• Lead an agile squad to co create the BigWX E2E trade plan with cross functional teams and partners to build the ecommerce budgets to maximise opportunities & leverage capabilities to grow ecosystem trade & drive the execution of the plan
• Provide thought leadership to the Big W & wider Woolies community to develop & drive sustainable & evolving ways of working & community of practice
• Lead & build a team culture who understands our privacy and compliance framework and responsibilities
• Lead cross functional teams across Commercial, Marketing & Digital to drive an always improving & innovation mindset of the BigWX offer.
• Act as BigWX Champion and support the development of a ‘digital mindset’ across all teams & partners.
• Develop disciplined ways of working to ensure timelines are met, teams & partners are engaged appropriately and processes are efficient and cost effective;
• Horizontally Lead a team of Digital & Commercial professionals establishing an agile and collaborative team, that adapts to change, is focused on the customer, team and partner experience.
• Coach and develop a cross functional team of BigWX & Commercial professionals building capability with clear development plans and succession planning in place
• 5 years previous experience in a senior manager role in a commercial or Digital trading role in a large omni-channel retail organisation essential
• Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience driving large-scale content transformation
• A degree in either Marketing /Commerce/ Advertising/ Digital media
• Effective stakeholder management;
• Ability to communicate clear and concise messaging across the business.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: