What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Join a highly energetic and innovative team
• Be part of an exciting business transformation journey
• Enjoy a workplace flexibility culture
Our ambition is to become a purpose-led digital retailer enabled by a great store network. As we shift from Turnaround to Transformation, we are not only transforming our customer experience but also our ways of working to deliver value with agility to our customers. As the Head of Digital Content, you will shape the strategic direction for customer content across our BIG WX digital properties. Partner with key teams across Woolworths Group to inspire and engage our customers and bring to life the brand, across our Digital Experience assets. Strategising, delivering and managing best-in-class digital content to support key customer missions. Leverage partners and technology to lead the way on content innovation and automation and scale.
As a key leader of the team, you will work across Digital teams and Experience Practice to;
• Leverage your extensive experience in editorial and digital content production & management to drive constant innovation in our BIG W digital content culture
• Bring to life best-in-class digital experiences across Destination Customer Missions
• Accountable for Voice of Customer (VOC - content relevance), digital traffic and digital engagement (time on site) for key digital properties
• Support transition to Digital-first, content-led culture amplifying brand, partner and customer content
• Leverage your extensive experience in Adobe Experience Manager or headless CMS’ to drive new focus on content automation
• Leverage your extensive experience in digital content to create a digital publishing culture in BIG WX
• Manage the content capability ensuring an ongoing focus on excellence in content quality and digital content innovation across our Group digital properties.
• Create a culture of servant leadership among your leads
• Author and execute digital content strategy - focused on true omnichannel (including IOT and beyond). Build a CODE “Create Once Distribute Everywhere” culture
• Promote culture of analysis focused on content performance and national trends insights to inform content planning, partnership and optimisation
• Manage and constantly iterate the content governance framework including our digital KPIs, content partners, digital content schedules for all our digital properties including BIGW.com.au and our future App.
• Drive a culture of customer-focused content commercialisation ensuring best-in-class media activity
• Enable our Marketing and to ensure end-to-end executions.
• Accountable for the merchandising and range of products to the online store in line with business strategy, with a particular focus on product content and metadata management.
• Work with Data, Analytics and Insight team to identify ways to enhance our content offering and improve performance of our digital properties.
• Proactively look for ways to improve processes and the execution of digital content
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of a business transformation and being a disruptor on one of Australia’s biggest stages.
You’re curious and empathetic, and as a systems thinker you have an eye for the bigger picture. You thrive in ambiguity, and deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning.
• Servant leadership;
• Change-management experience
• Digital publishing expertise - including, digital content, digital media, brand marketing, media
• Effective stakeholder management;
• Ability to communicate clear and concise messaging across the business.
• At least 7 years' experience in Digital;
• Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience driving large-scale content transformation
• Experience leading teams of 20+
• Background in digital publishing or at-scale digital content platform - Editor, digital content platform
• or editorial background
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: