What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Strategic role at the heart of BIG W’s transformation journey
• Great career development with supportive senior leadership
• Innovative, agile and flexible culture
The Marketing Senior Finance Business Analyst is responsible for partnering, collaborating and providing analytics on the financial performance of Marketing that aligns and supports us to achieve our ambition.
The main focus for this role will be to grow customer advocacy through understanding the connected customer to drive demand and additional revenue streams through sustainable sales, profit improvement, cost & working capital optimisation o:
• A trusted Senior Finance partner to the Marketing and supporting teams to work within the profit and loss statement to deliver sales and profit improvement based on the strategic direction set by the GM of Finance and Executive Committee
• A customer 1st business partner that is valued by the wider Big W business and Woolworths Group Finance team
• Analyses data to provide actionable insights to communicate compelling stories and secure sponsorship and drive change with the Marketing and supporting teams to execute on the financial business plan to improve sales and profit to impact the profit and loss statement
• Supports Marketing and supporting teams with month end processes and strategic initiatives
• Builds strong relationships across the Woolworths Group ecosystem
• Play an active role in the budgeting process. Provide analytics and insight advice to drive an improvement in Commercial performance and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates a culture of collaboration to create a seamless experience
• Understands and work within disciplined ways of working to ensure timelines are met, stakeholders are engaged appropriately and processes are efficient and cost effective
• Develop as a finance professional in consultation with your line manager a clear development and succession plan.
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high performing and innovative culture, you will have previous experience as a business analyst for a general merchandise retail business (or relevant retail experience). You will also have a great understanding of how your role can help realise BIG W’s ambition of becoming a purpose led digital retailer.
In addition you will also have
• Previous Experience as a known and trusted senior business partner in fast paced environment
• CA/CPA qualified
• Previous experience as a senior business analyst preferrably in a FMCG/Retail enviroment
• Process mindset and process mapping capability
• Data querying, analysis, insights and visualisation experience
• Strong technical capability i.e. proficiency in retail systems and ability to translate business requirements to IT requirements
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus.
• Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths.
• Opportunity to join the most engaging team in the business.
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too.
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive.
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via https://www.linkedin.com/company/big-w/?viewAsMember=true. #LI
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: