At BIGW, a job is never just a job.
It’s the start of something bigger. There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us have an important role to play. If you have a passion for great customer service, a desire to make a real difference for families and you’re looking for a place to develop, you could be who we’re looking for.
• Join a highly energetic and innovative team
• Be part of the key function of the business transformation journey
• Enjoy a workplace flexibility culture
BIG W Digital-ness
The BIG W Digital Team is made up of an innovative and forward-thinking bunch representing one of Australia’s biggest retailers. We are an engine room for BIG W’s digital transformation journey, and love disrupting our our eco-system and the market.
We welcome challenges and co-create solutions to deliver consistently good customer experiences.
We come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common purpose to make a real difference for our families.
The DevOps Lead role is responsible for ensuring the reliability, security, performance and cost-effectiveness of the infrastructure that runs the Digital environment. The role is also responsible for defining and embedding the technical delivery practices across Digital Squads, including concepts such as Continuous Integration and Deployment; Automation and self-recovery.
Responsibilities would include:
• Work in partnership with the Solution Architecture team and Engineering Managers to provide thought-leadership around the optimal technologies and infrastructure that will be used to support each service
• Ensure that internal and external DevOps engineers have clear priorities and are working on the activities that will be most valuable for Big W
• Provide leadership to assist in the creation and maintenance of a high performing team.
• Ensure that dependencies and risks in the domain are understood and effectively managed
• In partnership with the Solution Architecture team, create and maintain a technical roadmap for the cloud infrastructure and tool sets
• Demonstrate and embed best-practice system engineering skills and processes within the team
• Deliver and maintain solutions that are Performant, Secure, Cost Effective, Reliable, Deployable, Testable and Evolvable
• The quality and speed with which the DevOps team translates ideas in to working solutions
• Ensure that the DevOps team play an active role in the investigation and remediation of technical issues across the platform
• Initiate continuous improvement for the way the technical platform is managed and maintained
As an experienced professional from a technology and digital background, you will be passionate people leader whilst also enjoying the process of working within a team to bring technology solutions to life.
Some other experiences would include
• 7 years experience as a DevOps engineer
• 3 years experience leading teams
• Infrastructure as code and automated pipeline experience
• Extensive experience designing and delivering large scale digital solutions.
• Experience in leading a team
• Experience in consumer-facing digital environment
• Application Lifecycle Management experience
• Agile software delivery experience
Kubernetes, Kafka, App Monitoring & DB optimisation experience
If you come from a start-up environment and would love to be involved in a role that involves leading people and being hands-on with initiatives, we would encourage you to apply
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
What's in it for you?
• An attractive remuneration package including base & super
• Opportunity to join an innovative and engaging team that is forging ahead with an industry leading technology transformation, and strong support from across the business
• Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
• An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
• Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
• Modern office locations in both Surry Hills and Norwest
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: