Time Remaining days
Animal Resources Authority Customer Service Officer PSGOGA, Level , $,-$,
Permanent - Full Time
-- : PM
We are looking for a reliable, hard working candidate to be apart of a great team environment in the Customer Service Department.
Assists the team with customer sales and enquiries by phone and email regarding order specifications, provide quotations for customers accurately. You will have the ability to use computers and payment methods of cash, EFTPOS and credit card.
Assists the team with improvements to customer service. Process bookings for Esky’s, Customer Strains internal & external orders.
Successful candidate for this position will need to be someone who will:
• Carry out all procedures and duties in accordance with the values of the workplace and the code of behaviour.
• The ability to assist other team members within the relevant department in all duties.
• Liaise with operational departments and staff to ensure customer requirements are met.
• In the absence of the Senior Customer Service Officer, take responsibility for determining work priorities, making decisions, allocating tasks and monitoring work practices.
• Participate in Performance Management.
• Participate in Performance Appraisals.
• Assist training Officers as required.
• In co-operation with the Manager and Senior Customer Services Officer assist in analysis and problem solving/innovation to ensure the efficient and effective running of the area.
• Participate in continuous improvement of business processes, equipment and procedures.
• Keep up to date with changes to policies and procedures, SOPs and Work Instructions (WI’s) and Attaché.
• Participate in the development and/or modification of SOPs and WI’s relevant to the area.
• Assist the department with processing orders and ensuring compliance with government policies and procedures.
• Ensure office supplies and equipment are available and in good, safe working order.
• Sign in all visitors and complete ethics paperwork as necessary. Escort visitors around site as required.
• Work within ARC policies and guidelines to make sure the workplace is a safe, equitable and a positive place.
• Exceptional communication skills with customers, suppliers, colleagues and staff at all working levels.
• Remain calm, positive, productive and providing support to team members.
• Maintains confidential information within the workplace.
SECTION – STATEMENT OF DUTIES
• Communicate with customers and suppliers, including answering phone, email and fax enquiries and face to face customer contact.
• Liaise with team forecasting sales.
• Liaise with Production Managers on stock control.
• Accurately process customer orders from the time of receipt to invoicing.
• Assist with daily despatch of orders to local customers, and interstate customers as required.
• Process Custom Strains orders/invoicing when required.
• Prepare and process invoices.
• Assist the Team to identify and implement improvements to processes to meet customer needs.
• Advise customers on availability of animals, price, freight details and health status of strains and areas.
• Appropriately handle customer concerns with the approval of the Customer Services Manager.
• Book Esky’s and liaise with couriers.
• Liaise with freight forwarders and arrange interstate air freight.
• Arrange interstate air freight with service provider/s.
• Liaise with maintenance staff and contractors to ensure office equipment is maintained and serviced when necessary.
• Be able to implement Emergency Procedures in case of computer failure.
• Other duties as directed.
SECTION – SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants are encouraged to address the Selection Criteria in the context of Section - Statement of Duties.
The position requires the ability to demonstrate a sound level of competency in the following areas:
• Applied knowledge of MS Office software program (Word, Excel & Access)
• Applied knowledge working in an SPF Animal/Lab facility or related field.
Skills and Abilities (demonstrated ability to)
• Use excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strive for strong internal relationships within the organisation.
• Perform duties accurately and with a strong customer service focus.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Perform all tasks with care and attention to detail.
• Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
• Organise, plan and complete daily work priorities.
• Exercise appropriate levels of initiative
• Identify and assist with improvements to work procedures, in accordance with quality assurance principles and procedures with the approval of the manager.
• Be able to work independently in the team at times with minimum supervision.
• Contribute positively and enthusiastically in a team environment.
• Process and maintain data and data record keeping systems.
• Sound knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Procedures.
• Qualifications in a discipline related to animal science or technology.
• Certificate in Business or related qualifications.
• Attaché business management software.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.