As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Auto & General is a company that dreams big. Our high performance goes hand in hand with high levels of integrity and this is what drives us to be successful. Auto & General has specialised in the sale, management and underwriting of insurance produMore...
Work Type : Full Time
Location : QLD
• Join a high performing Software Development Team
• Work alongside some of Australia’s best Developers
• Toowong location
As a Java Developer, you will be developing highly available and reliable Java micro-services deployed on AWS that are business critical. As these microservices support Auto & General’s digital sales online journey, this role will be greatly suitable for a skilled Java Developer who desires exposure to Angular7 user interface development. In this role, you will be working across several cross functional Agile teams and be supported by a Product Owner and Scrum Master. All software is delivered via agile teams and deployed via a modern DevOps/CI pipeline to AWS.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Excellent knowledge of Java;
• Extensive knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud;
• Knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies;
• Understanding of cloud deployment with Docker and AWS;
• Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic/Sumo Logic;
• Experience with AWS ecosystem such as S3, EC2, Lambda, SQS;
• Strong knowledge of software development, micro-service and message bus design considerations and patterns;
• Ability to work in the Atlassian suite of products. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo;
• Source code management with git;
• Experience is building highly available and reliable server-side code;
• Understanding of security implications for web applications (OWASP);
• A background in financial services applications (desirable); and
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
• Toowong - City fringe location – drive and park onsite for free;
• Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
• Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
• Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
• Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance;
• Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
• Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: