As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Auto & General is a company that dreams big. Our high performance goes hand in hand with high levels of integrity and this is what drives us to be successful. Auto & General has specialised in the sale, management and underwriting of insurance produMore...
Senior Claims Consultant
Work Type : Full Time
Location : QLD
• 9 month maximum term contract
• North Lakes - Work Close to home
• Excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level
An exciting opportunity to join the Complex and Legal Settlements team in the role of Senior Claims Consultant. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of complex liability and legal files within the liability claims department, whilst achieving cost effective and quality claims handling through robust relationships with team members, internal and external service providers.
• Manage a portfolio of complex liability and legal files
• Assess liability and settlement outcomes
• Negotiate with third parties, insurers and legal representatives including recovery agents and credit hire organisations
• Manage relationships with our panel of legal suppliers
• To follow settlement methodology ensuring company procedures and relevant legislation is adhered to
• Consult with external solicitors on claims requiring defence or settlement offers
• Resolve complex settlement claims
• Application of Insurance Contracts Act, Code of Practice and other regulatory authorities
Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and think proactively along with proven innovation and solution based solving skills;
• A track record of strong stakeholder management and influencing skills;
• Experience in managing complex insurance claims including legal litigation desirable;
• Ability to maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders;
• Highly developed written and verbal communications skills;
• Strong creative and strategic thinking to leverage department performance; and
• Strong attention to detail.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
• North Lakes/ Kawana location - work close to home and avoid the commute
• Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
• Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
• Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
• Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
• Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
• Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: