As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Auto & General is a company that dreams big. Our high performance goes hand in hand with high levels of integrity and this is what drives us to be successful. Auto & General has specialised in the sale, management and underwriting of insurance produMore...
Service Desk Team Leader
Work Type : Full Time
Location : QLD
• Lead a high-performing Service Desk team
• Directly contribute to the Leadership team's effectiveness
• Toowong location
The Service Desk Team Leader provides operational leadership in managing team performance and the delivery of day-to-day frontline technology support services, as part of the reliable delivery of the technology systems and tools that underpin Auto & General’s business operations. This position is a 12 month fixed term contract.
• Coordinate the allocation and monitor the quality and closure of Service Desk incidents and requests to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services.
• Own the development and maintenance of Service Desk knowledgebase, operational procedures and processes for service delivery.
• Provide an effective interface between users, internal Technology teams and service providers.
• Provide input into the development of the Service Delivery Department strategy and lead the tactical execution of operational plans and day-to-day Service Desk services
• Lead and manage the Team’s performance relative to the objectives and within the company’s frameworks for continual monitoring, measurement and improvement of performance, productivity and quality.
• Provide input into the development of the team budget and monitor performance against approved allocations, escalating variations as appropriate.
• Directly contribute to the Leadership Team’s effectiveness through proactive engagement, collaboration, negotiation and alignment with peers.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 3+ years’ relevant Service Desk experience with additional years' experience in a Team Leader role within a similar organisation environment;
• Relevant tertiary qualifications or industry certifications;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to accurately articulate technical incidents and business impact into clearly understood everyday language for broader distribution;
• Outstanding time management with the ability to multitask in a complex and high-pressure environment;
• Experience in the leadership and supervision of a team, with the demonstrated ability to coach and develop others; and
• Demonstrated ability to develop, document, implement and continually evolve operating policies, processes and procedures.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
• Toowong - City fringe location
• Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
• Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
• Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
• Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
• Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
• Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: