As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Auto & General is a company that dreams big. Our high performance goes hand in hand with high levels of integrity and this is what drives us to be successful. Auto & General has specialised in the sale, management and underwriting of insurance produMore...
Work Type : Full Time
Location : QLD
• Key role in Technical Infrastructure
• Implement new Technology solutions
• Toowong location
As a Systems Engineer in the Technical Services team, you will be responsible for providing responsive Technical Support to the Service Delivery, Network Services, Cloud Services and Security Teams in addition to building and implementing new technology solutions, projects and providing Technical Support.
• Provide responsive and specialist Technical Support to the Service Delivery, Operations and Security Teams as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Follow agreed procedures for Infrastructure Change Management, Escalation, Incident and Problem Management.
• Maintain regular and accurate log entries of fault, investigation and resolution detail.
• Work on tasks as assigned independently (not in isolation) to quality outcomes whilst keeping stakeholders well informed.
• Ensure where required incidents are escalated to the appropriate Teams, Management and/or service providers according to established procedures.
• Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the various Infrastructure Technology knowledgebase and procedures.
• Represent Technical Services in projects, contribute to the requirements and the design, and participate in project work as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 3+ years of relevant system administration, operations, support or solutions implementation coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications or industry certifications;
• Advanced hands on system administration, problem solving and implementation skills and knowledge with hardware and software across the following technologies:
o Microsoft Windows Server (AD Directory Services, DNS, DFS, GPO, PKI, WSUS, etc)
o VMware vSphere 6.7
o NetApp ONTAP 9
o Citrix products (Virtual Apps & Desktops, NetScaler)
o Identity Services (Okta, IdP, etc)
o SolarWinds (monitoring), VictorOps
o Enterprise Backup Solutions (Cohesity, etc)
o PowerShell scripting (automation, reporting)
• Excellent knowledge of systems security administration practices, standards and policies;
• Excellent time management and communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects, requests and problems at once and to be able to work within prioritised frameworks;
• Knowledge of agile framework; and
• Strong delivery outcomes and customer service focus.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
• Toowong - City fringe location
• Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
• Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
• Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
• Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
• Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
• Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a growing and changing business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: