Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
• Positive Contribution
• Respect for ourselves and each other
• Integrity in our decisions and actions
• Dignity is a right of every person
• Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
• competitive rates of pay;
• ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
• employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
• contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the heart of the North Perth community, Aegis St Michael’s provides quality care and services for up to 102 residents in a homely and welcoming environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team as a Resident Lifestyle Officer on a Permanent full-time basis. A friendly and helpful disposition, together with your desire to provide and uphold excellent customer service to our Residents at all times, will see you excel in this Monday to Friday role. As start and finish times may vary, flexibility is required by the successful applicant.
This varied role will include;
• Developing and implementing comprehensive, meaningful and enjoyable lifestyle programs.
• Coordinating, supervising and participating in the daily delivery of lifestyle and therapy programs under the direction of the Facility Manager and Occupational Therapist.
• Participating in the admission process by promoting the Facility’s lifestyle programs, discuss Dining options and Food preferences with new residents, assist with settling into their room and orientation into the Facility.
• Act as a resource to uphold the Excellence in Dining principles and be the dining services liaison linking resident food services to ensure resident individualised requests are provided
• Manage lifestyle programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities and bus trips.
• Organise resident and relative meetings.
• Coordination of volunteers.
• Regularly attending dining services
• As required being available to attend to Residents’ and Families queries
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
• Sound written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Hold a genuine interest in working with older people.
• Experience in Therapy (essential).
• Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
• Experience in Hospitality (desirable).
• A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
• Proven experience in the coordination of enjoyable lifestyle programs in aged care.
• Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: