Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 27 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the heart of the Redcliffe community, Aegis Karalee and Lakeside facilities cater for up to 61 residents in a homely and welcoming environment
About The Role
We are looking for a proactive and caring Maintenance Officer to ensure our buildings and equipment are maintained to Aegis’ high standards at our Karalee and Lakeside Facilities.
This Permanent Full-time role pays an hourly rate between $23.96 and $32.08, dependant on experience.
As an important part of the Aegis community, you will:
• Provide maintenance of buildings and equipment under the direction of the Facility Manager.
• Monitor effectiveness of completed work and report issues to the Facility Manager.
• Monitor and maintain required levels of stores and supplies.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program as scheduled.
• Proactively maintain high standards and avoid unnecessary damage through early intervention.
• Have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Be able to communicate to all levels of employees, residents and resident families.
• Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and autonomously as required.
• Have knowledge of general maintenance procedures and repairs.
• Previous experience within a trade (desirable) or in a similar role.
• Hold a ‘Working at Heights’ ticket (desirable).
• Hold a ‘Test & Tag’ certificate (desirable).
• Have empathy with the elderly.
• Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.