Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
• Positive Contribution
• Respect for ourselves and each other
• Integrity in our decisions and actions
• Dignity is a right of every person
• Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
• competitive rates of pay;
• comprehensive orientation program;
• ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
• employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the heart of the North Perth community, Aegis St Michael’s provides quality care and services for up to 102 residents in a homely and welcoming environment.
About The Role
We are looking for experienced Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents for permanent Part-time basis for afternoon shifts.
As an integral part of the team you will:
• Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
• Assist residents to enjoy a quality lifestyle that includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living and meaningful activities.
• Assist residents with medication administration
• Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
• Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
• Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
• Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
• Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
• High level of verbal and written communication skills.
• Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
• Strong problem solving ability.
• Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
• Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
• Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent) or working towards nursing qualification.
• At least 1 year experience in aged care.
• Competent in Medication Administration or willing to work towards.
• Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
• Be flexible and available on short notice for varied shifts across all days the week.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.