As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Health insuranMore...
About the Role
Use your catering skills in a role in which you can really make a difference – assisting in the preparation and servicing of nutritious food, all whilst providing our residents with a compassionate and empathetic approach.
• Assisting with basic, general food preparation
• Serving our residents meals and snacks in a supportive approach that empowers our resident's choices and independence
• Clearing down of dining areas, cleaning and dishwashing
• Maintaining legislated food hygiene and safety practices
• Ad hoc support to the broader team as required, including laundry and cleaning
Skills and Experience
• Ideally Cert III Hospitality, but not essential
• Previous experience gained in a similar role; aged care experience highly regarded but not essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
• Must have a current national police certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check
• Must have flexible availability for a variety of shifts throughout the week, including weekends and evenings
• Work close to home in one of our many community based homes
• Flexibility across our 24/7 operations
• Generous leave provisions including 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Generous discounts on health, travel, home, car, landlords and pet insurance
• 35% discount on frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories at Bupa Optical stores
• 10% discount at Bupa Dental clinics
• Health and wellness initiatives and discounts through Bupa SMILE program
• Discounts at Apple and Samsung
• Workplace giving and Bupa fund matching
• Internal transfer opportunities to any of our 72 homes across Australia
• Clinical learning opportunities and more through online and face to face training
How to Apply
Please click Apply to be taken to our online application process. Please note that as part of your application you will also be asked to complete a number of pre-employment checks including Criminal History and a Pre-Employment medical.
About Bupa Aged Care Australia
Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing care and services to 6,500 residents across 70+ homes. At Bupa we focus on a person first approach that ensures our residents and their families are at the centre of everything we do and that we deliver our purpose of ensuring longer, healthier, happier lives.
IMPORTANT: As of 1st May 2020, all aged care workers and visitors must be vaccinated against seasonal influenza in order to enter an aged care facility – as such all successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement.
‘Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Find purpose in your career at Bupa’.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: