As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
ANZ has a proud heritage of more than 180 years. Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That is why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. We employMore...
Data Analyst - Australia Retail & Commercial
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has moved to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page.
We have a Data Analyst role available in the Strategic Delivery Portfolio within the Australia Retail & Commercial Division.
Strategic Delivery is charged with transforming the AR&C division, bringing “best in class” capability to bear with the Business.
The role will require you to combine your experience spanning analysis and engineering of systems and processes as well as your data management skills in order to execute data management capabilities in the Division to achieve outcomes. Your role will be critical in partnering with the business and supporting them with your knowledge of data management and your familiarity with the Enterprise Data Governance Framework, Standards and Policies.
We’re looking for your drive, enthusiasm and smarts to help us ensure that effective and compliant data capture, management, storage and disposal is a key consideration. Your knowledge of data management and the data lifecycle is beneficial, as well as your ability to manage stakeholders and deliver activities in a timely manner.
What will your day look like?
• Partnering with our stakeholders and supporting capabilities to achieve Customer and Banker outcomes where data underpins the requirement statement or objective
• Providing innovative thought leadership in how we identify, organise and analyse our data
• Managing data quality issues and driving remediation strategies and execution
• Analysing large data sets with the requirement statement in mind in order to break down complex problems into digestible tranches of work
• Mapping and cataloguing data elements and data assets and addressing any data quality shortcomings identified in our Divisions data
• Delivering against committed milestones Work collaboratively with colleagues within our Division, within the Strategic Delivery Portfolio and Data Management team, as well with our partners spanning Enterprise Data Governance, Technology, Digital and within other divisions.
• Help ensure data is organised, managed and leveraged within AR&C to meet obligations, help the Business and achieve great outcomes for Customers and Bankers.
• Support multiple tribes in AR&C with the delivery of data outcomes – including data analysis and creating transparent views of our data – including for quality and remediation purposes
• Manage activities and issues to drive business value with data as a focus
• Assist in strategic evolution of Data Management in AR&C
• Identify and address constraints that hinder progress, escalating as appropriate
• Ensure ANZ's core values are always maintained in dealing with staff, colleagues and customers.
What will be in your toolkit?
• Experience in executing aspects of a data management or governance agenda
• Ability to challenge and reframe approaches to data management, automating and orchestrating processes
• Data analysis, modelling and any architecture and engineering experience. Knowledge of Terradata, Cloudera and other storage technologies is advantageous, including the ability to interrogate our data assets and pull data sets together.
• Experience identifying, analysing and resolving data quality issues
• Experience with various data capabilities - Understanding of metadata and data lineage; Designing for data simplification; Defining and leveraging data assets; Defining and applying Accountability for data; Understanding of the data lifecycle
• Experience executing activities with Agile in mind, as well as investigating facts to support a business cases from a data perspective
• Comfortable building trusted and productive relationships across the organisation with a strong ability to influence and succeed through collaboration
• Frontline and operational knowledge or experience with processes and systems advantageous, but not necessary
• A highly collaborative approach, with strong stakeholder engagement skills - encouraging sharing of knowledge within and across teams
• Extensive business analysis experience with understanding of data quality and data protection / privacy management practices
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: