As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
ANZ has a proud heritage of more than 180 years. Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That is why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. We employMore...
• Part of a newly created Finance function that builds capability, and looks to drive change across the bank
• Critically important role within a team that looks to help its business achieve its cost ambition
• Opportunity to drive significant change and design new solutions to challenging problems
• Multi-skilled role across all financial disciplines – control, partnering and FP&A
About The Role
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time opportunity
The Cost Centre of Excellence (‘Cost CoE’) is part of the Financial Performance Management team (‘FPM’) within Enterprise Finance and is responsible for supporting the Group CFO, the Deputy & Divisional CFOs and the business make optimal resource allocation decisions in relation to cost. To do this, the Cost CoE undertakes a range of performance management activities including planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis, which provide actionable insight and advice to its stakeholders. The Cost CoE establishes governance and performs financial control activities within the cost domain to ensure the integrity of the cost result.
Within FPM, the Cost CoE provides enterprise capability and divisional expertise to drive strategic outcomes and leverages its scale to drive continual process improvement within the cost domain.
Your team’s role
The Group Functions Cost team sits within the Cost CoE and is responsible for supporting the Enablement businesses, their CFO, and other key stakeholders by providing insights and analytics on the Group Functions’ cost base. The Group Functions Cost team looks across the investment and operating costs of Risk, Enterprise Services, Talent and Culture, Finance, Property and other supporting functions, to contribute to delivery of the broader strategic cost agenda.
Your reporting lines and stakeholders
You will report to the Cost Manager for Property and Procurement.
To succeed in your role, you will need to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across the Cost COE, FPM, other Finance teams (e.g. the Finance Systems, Data & Innovation team (‘FSDI’); Financial Control) and business stakeholders within the Property and Procurement businesses where relevant. You will also need to collaborate closely with dedicated change teams that sit within the Cost COE function to deliver change initiatives impacting your business area.
As a Cost Associate, you will work as part of a team of Cost Experts with responsibility for all cost related activities at a Divisional level, including provision of accurate and timely financial information (Actuals, Performance Reporting, Outlook, Plan and provision of insightful cost related data and analytics), covering BAU costs and investments/projects.
You will primarily be Divisionally aligned; and will have generalist Finance skills with BU level responsibilities.
As a divisionally aligned Cost Expert you will be co-located with the Group Functions team forming close relationships with our peers to deliver a seamless service proposition for your stakeholders. In some cases, you may be required to build and maintain relationships with Business stakeholders.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement of cost processes to extract efficiencies, ensuring the optimisation of controls, management of risks, points of friction and governance obligations are met on a continuous basis; drawing on Cost CoE process experts to build a first class capability in Finance, focusing on best practice cost management and consistency of implementation across all Divisions in collaboration with relevant GPOs.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
• Financial reporting for the Property and Procurement cost base covering both operating and investment costs
• Financial analysis, modelling and insights across the cost bases
• Operating costs / Investment forecasting and budgeting
• Ensure management and statutory reporting obligations are well managed
• Drive continuous improvement of cost processes to extract efficiencies, optimise controls and better manage risks and governance obligations
• Work alongside Cost CoE process experts to build a first class capability in Finance, focusing on best practice cost management and consistency of implementation across all Divisions
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Proficient in core tools including Excel/PPT, Sharepoint, with a willingness to learn new tools including Financial Systems
• Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills to communicate initiatives, projects, ideas or progress to senior stakeholders
• Strong people and stakeholder management to support the effective delivery of projects/initiatives
• Behaviors aligned with ANZ values and our ways of working, in line with our commitments at our Life at ANZ site.
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS124224.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: