As a leading specialist fibre and network solutions provider, Vocus connects people, businesses, governments, and communities across Australia and New Zealand, to the world. With a world-class team of experts, we challenge convention and do things dMore...
ANZ has a proud heritage of more than 180 years. Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That is why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. We employMore...
We are seeking a Process Engineer to work with our team to improve the Business Lending process and systems risk management framework through the delivery of remediation actions.
As a Process Engineer you will rethink and redesign the way work is done to better support the organisation's mission to remove complexity, solve problems, improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
What will be in your tool kit?
• Ability to work hands-on, collaboratively and with passion and energy as part of an agile team
• Strong technical lean expertise, based on a fundamental understanding of the underlying principles and what we are trying to be achieve
• Passion for simplification, with a deep understanding of lean principles and skills
• Logical and structured thinking and comfort with both data analysis and ambiguity, resulting in the ability to pragmatically break down complex problems, understand the key drivers and the improvement areas that will result in the biggest impact(s)
• Demonstrated ability to deliver tangible results in compressed timeframes across a number of sectors and operational environments (e.g. branch, call centre, back office, product etc)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders at all levels
• Knowledge and/or experience with Human Centred Design and/or Agile highly regarded
• Black belt or Green Belt LSS highly regarded, but not essential, dependent on your experience.
• Demonstrable experience in financial services – specifically in Business Lending or Home Lending with comprehensive knowledge of lending processes preferred
• Experience in ‘getting stuff done’
What might a ‘day in the life’ look like?
• Responsible for quantifying current state process performance, identifying the key improvements required to improve performance and facilitating implementation of changes and assessment of benefits
• Provide input on the initiatives identified and being prioritised as to whether they will have simplification process improvement opportunities and potential benefits
• Liaise with stakeholders, bankers, customers and leverage data to understand the e2e initiative through current state assessments and value stream mapping
• Leverage a “just enough analysis” approach, providing prioritized challenge areas and solution options to pursue, working collaboratively with squad team and seeking final prioritisation from product owner
• Problems and issues to solve are an everyday occurrence, you have the ability to dissect and approach with a calm, logical and analytical mind.
• Define and implement test and learn concepts to achieve maximum value.
• Support the PEG team objectives to uplift process maturity across tribes.
Here are some of the skillsets you may bring or grow in this role and what would be expected at various levels:
Process Engineer/Lean Expertise
• Quantify current state & identify future process improvement opportunities
• Define, document & implement prioritized implementation solutions/opportunities
• Identify value streams and establish flow, implementing pull & working to perfection
• Quantify size of potential opportunities and develop options for prioritization
• Leverage data analysis to break down ambiguous and complex problems
• Understand key drivers and improvement areas that will result in the biggest impacts
Design Thinking/Problem Solving
• Work across E2E processes to identify improvements in customer experiences whilst reducing costs
• Improve process capability and production volumes while maintaining &/or improving quality standards
• Leverage problem solving tools & techniques to identify and prioritise opportunity areas
Collaboration and Communication Skills
• Work across squads and tribes to identify, quantify and design new process flows and architecture
• Develop material to enable prioritisation, speed-to-value capture & resourcing decisions
• Ability to communicate effectively in all forms and simplify complex messages to stakeholders
This is an 18-month fixed-term opportunity.
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. Learn how to protect yourself here.
Post your task and get experts help on: